Monday, December 8, 2008

I am...



I am me, not you
So surely, I am me
I love you, I hate you
Without you, where is me?

I bought it, I ate it, I loved it
To be me
I combed it, I wore it, I hid it
To be me
I chanted and protested on your streets
To be me
I plastered it across my chest
The sign that read “I am me”
I flashed it, then denied it and threw it
To be me
I ran around in circles trying to find you
To be me

I held my book and screamed out loud to show you
I am me
I shut my books and shut my eyes to make me see
I am me
I held my sword and cut you out to make you feel
I am me
I held my sword and cut myself to make me feel
I am me
I put it in a treasure box and buried it
I am me
I searched for it in depths below, just to know
I am me
I built eight walls around my head to make me feel
I am me
I tried to break the stifling walls to make you see
I am me

I wore my specs of mirrors all the time
Just to be me
I carried it in memory jars in time
Just to be me
I swam across the seven seas and back
Just to be me
I wrote a hundred poems in your name
Just to be me
I stumbled on you every night...
I am me! I am me???

No comments: